Interested in meeting early-stage Venture Capitalists & Angel Investors in NYC? Then register for the FundingPost Summer Venture and Angel Event on Wednesday, August 7, 2013.
This is a good and active group of early stage Angels and VC’s. You can meet them all in one day. Have your pitch down, Less is more.
Joe Rubin, the FundingPost leader shared this with us. “The biggest mistake entrepreneurs make is not following up well. Respond quickly and deliver what is requested. Follow up with a professional email that includes your contact information. Keep in touch with new and timely information as your company progresses. This is the first date, walk in with a smile and keep conversation on point and focused. Talk about both the good things and the momentum of what is happening with your business.”
That priceless Joeism alone is worth the price of admission. Did I mention FundingPost is giving SiliconAlley readers a discount, use the code “beach” for a $10 discount.
10+ active early stage investors you can meet all in one day:
• Carter Caldwell, Principal, Cross Atlantic Capital Partners large Philly .EARLIER LATER STAGE
• Joseph Zawadzki, CEO, MediaMath active NYC angel investor TIQIQ, ADSAFE, SPRUCE MEDIA
• Mark Peter Davis, Venture Partner, High Peaks Venture Partners RockStar on the venture scene, SAVORD, WORKTOPIA, ALLWORX & doing a book signing
• Habib Karouz, Managing Partner, Rho Capital Partners Huge VC EARLIER LATER STAGE, GETGLUE
• Brian Cohen, Chairman, New York Angels book signing first angel investor in PINTEREST
• Jeffrey Finkle, Angel Investor, ARC Angel Fund, 15 companies in last 2.5 years MEDIVO, IJUKEBOX
• Bill Reinisch, Venture Partner, Paladin Capital Group VC active angel investor BAINFIGHT, ORCHESTRIA
• Moderator: Michael Barron, Partner, Bingham McCutchen LLC
• Erica Minnihan, Executive Director, STAR Angel Network BRAND NEW ANGEL GROUP professional athletes
• Keith Pulluck 12 yr NFL veteran, angel investor works with STAR Angel
• Greg Verdino, Practice Leader, Direct Ventures, Inc. SPONSOR
• Joshua B Siegel, Chairman, Georgetown Angels BRAND NEW ANGEL GROUP
• Ryan Feit, Co-Founder, SeedInvest in Crowdfunding platform
• Bill Davis, President, Gate Impact Crowdfunding platform
• Vamsi Sistla, Technical Strategist, Crowd Valley Crowdfunding platform
• Christina Bchhold Empire Angels NEW ANGEL GROUP- HUMAN DEMAND
FundingPost has hosted 220+ sold-out venture events in 22 cities over the past 12 years. This is our big summer venture and angel event on the upper west side. Lots of investors, entrepreneurs, food and frozen adult beverages at this beautiful waterfront location. Its right near the subway, but we will have a bus (holds 50) from midtown to take people there!
At this NYC Event, the panel of investors will focus on Early-Stage Venture Investing:
How to meet investors, pitch them, and what it really takes to get them to write you a check! We will be discussing trends in Early-Stage Investing, hot sectors, sectors that these Angels and VCs look at, things that are most important to them when they are considering an Investment, the best and worst things an entrepreneur can do to get their attention, additional advice for entrepreneurs, and, of course, the best ways to reach these and other Investors. There will be plenty of time for networking with the Investor panelists, both before the panel & after the panel at the Cocktail Party!
As an additional benefit, entrepreneur 1/4 page summaries will be given to the investor speakers and attendees. All of the Investors will get your company description and contact info!
Register today, as this event will sell-out and is limited!
Book Signing Also during the Cocktail Party, Brian Cohen, the Chairman of New York Angels will be giving out autographed copies of his new book: “What Every Angel Investor Wants You To Know” and Mark Peter Davis will be doing the same with his new book: “The Fundraising Rules”
Additionally, there will be an Optional Pitching Workshop Lunch from 11am-1pm. The cost to participate will be $355. This Lunch Workshop includes the $85 ticket to the event. During this workshop we will completely deconstruct your elevator pitch, and work with you on formulating a clean and concise elevator pitch giving the important information that investors NEED to hear to make an educated decision on your company! Then you get to give your new Elevator Pitch in person to the Panel of Investors during the event! There are only 3 spaces left in the Workshop.
Location: La Marina, 348 Dyckman Street (on the Hudson) New York, NY 10034
Date: Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Time: 2:00pm – 6:00pm
- Entrepreneur Ticket: $85
- Entrepreneur + Workshop: $355
- Investor / Service provider: $100